The primary responsibility of the Application Software Engineer is to develop and maintain in-house applications that automate line of business processes and support data tracking requirements. Review, analyze, and modify in-house systems including coding, testing, debugging and documenting software to support new and existing features. Meet with team leaders and users as necessary to accomplish the user goals. The Application Software Engineer meets with system stakeholders to help determine the most appropriate technology solution to improve their business processes.
Ideally this person will also have experience with Dev Ops, scripting automations, administration of both Linux and Windows servers and familiarity with HIPAA and healthcare data.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support of both proprietary and off-the-shelf applications which support our business applications which includes invoicing, letter generation, reporting, timesheet, vendor integrations and other business applications.
- Maintain existing systems during feature enhancement transitions.
- Creates and maintains appropriate user and technical documentation for code and processes.
- Performs maintenance and modifications of systems and software currently in production to keep them responsive to user needs and to ensure efficient operation in the production environment.
- Leads in planning, designing, and implementing components of the common database. Such activities involve interaction with other engineers and end-user personnel and management to determine application data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases.
- Create complex scripts that include joins over multiple tables from databases on different servers.
- Maintain and update data extraction procedures.
- Maintain and update code for recurring reports.
- Writing stored procedures, triggers and views.
- Perform routine database administration.
- Creates timetables for developing, testing, and installing new features or applications.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm solution meets specifications.
- Analyzes code to identify root causes of errors and revises systems and/or software.
- Acts as software support and provide technical assistance to users by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with systems and/or applications.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of computer operating procedures and standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Take lead on Dev Ops needs, including automations, logging and alerting, etc.
We are a HIPPA compliant facility and takes security and confidentiality very seriously. In addition we lean toward the use and support of open-source technologies. Technical team members must have a desire to learn new technologies that may or may not be in the main stream.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of knowledge and experience in a SQL/MYSQL environment.
- Experienced with MS Windows workstation and servers..
- 3-5 years of experience with client / server, web based, and relational database applications in a Linux (Ubuntu) environment.
- Knowledge in Python, Scala, XML, Tableau and Logi Analytics is a plus.
- Minimum production experience with Java/JSP and/or PHP.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel.
- Proven experience in designing, coding, testing, installing and documenting programs.
- Strong working knowledge of information reporting, ad hoc queries and usage in corporate environment.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to manage several different projects at various stages of development at the same time is essential.
- Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-motivated, responsible, and accountable.
- Identifies own learning needs and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Ability to work well independently.
WORKING CONDITIONS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment and/or working from home.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.