Application Software Engineer
We are relentless advocates for individuals, their families, and our communities. We help low-income and disabled people gain access to the Social Security disability benefits, income and services they need to improve their quality of life for many years to come. It’s our calling and our life’s work and it’s a privilege and an honor to do what we do. If you are somebody who wants to transform the lives of the people around us and are passionate about helping others in need, then we would love to have you as part of our team.
The primary responsibility of the Application Software Engineer is to develop and maintain in-house applications that automate line of business processes and support data tracking requirements. Review, analyze, and modify in-house systems including coding, testing, debugging and documenting software to support new and existing features. Meet with team leaders and users as necessary to accomplish the user goals. The Application Software Engineer meets with system stakeholders to help determine the most appropriate technology solution to improve their business processes. Ideally this person will also have experience with Dev Ops, scripting automations, administration of both Linux and Windows servers and familiarity with HIPAA and healthcare data. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide support of both proprietary and off-the-shelf applications which support our business applications which includes invoicing, letter generation, reporting, timesheet, vendor integrations and other business applications.
- Maintain existing systems during feature enhancement transitions.
- Creates and maintains appropriate user and technical documentation for code and processes.
- Performs maintenance and modifications of systems and software currently in production to keep them responsive to user needs and to ensure efficient operation in the production environment.
- Leads in planning, designing, and implementing components of the common database. Such activities involve interaction with other engineers and end-user personnel and management to determine application data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis, and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases.
- Create complex scripts that include joins over multiple tables from databases on different servers.
- Maintain and update data extraction procedures.
- Maintain and update code for recurring reports.
- Writing stored procedures, triggers and views.
- Perform routine database administration.
- Creates timetables for developing, testing, and installing new features or applications.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm solution meets specifications.
- Analyzes code to identify root causes of errors and revises systems and/or software.
- Acts as software support and provide technical assistance to users by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with systems and/or applications.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of computer operating procedures and standards.
- Take lead on Dev Ops needs, including automations, logging and alerting, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of knowledge and experience in a SQL/MYSQL environment.
- Experienced with MS Windows workstation and servers.
- 3-5 years of experience with client / server, web based, and relational database applications in a Linux (Ubuntu) environment.
- Knowledge in Python, Scala, XML, Tableau and Logi Analytics is a plus.
- Minimum production experience with Java/JSP and/or PHP.
- Proven experience in designing, coding, testing, installing and documenting programs.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of information reporting, ad hoc queries and usage in corporate environment.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to manage several different projects at various stages of development at the same time is essential.
- Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-motivated, responsible, and accountable.
- Identifies own learning needs and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Ability to work well independently.
HFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. HFI is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. HFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. HFI encourages applicants of all ages.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time