Business Data Analyst
Local Candidates Only - this is NOT a remote position.
At HFI, we are relentless advocates for individuals, their families, and our communities. We help low-income and disabled people gain access to the Social Security disability benefits, income and services they need to improve their quality of life for many years to come. It’s our calling and our life’s work and it’s a privilege and an honor to do what we do. If you are somebody who wants to transform the lives to the people around us and are passionate about helping others in need, then we would love to have you as part of our team.
Reporting to the Manager, Data Science. The primary goal of the Business Data Analyst is to contribute to HFI’s success by collecting, analyzing, and interpreting medium-size data sets to support the development of data-driven solutions and increase HFI’s viable SS case referral pool. The BDA will also help data scientist(s) translate advanced analytics results into concrete actionable steps, and help deliver analytics insights via compelling stories.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifying, analyzing, and translating complex internal and raw external datasets which create actionable insights necessary for the development of data-driven solutions in response to business challenges. This primarily affects HFI’s models/algorithms which identify viable Social Security applicants.
- Writing/designing analytical reports with Tableau, Excel and other tools. Executing testing plans to assure the functionality of those reports and that they meet business requirements.
- Reviewing existing reports and performance indicators to identify and correct problems within datasets.
- Recommending ways to automate/improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Writing/maintaining SQL queries for analysis, ad-hoc and reporting.
- Conducting intensive research, command, and execution of proprietary products.
- Conducting interviews with business owners and technical experts to reinforce HFI’s algorithms and modeling frameworks. Report on algorithm and rules-based metrics.
- Documenting, maintaining, and disseminating workflow designs of Data Analytics initiatives to support improvement of company production, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Assisting Data Science team in design, documentation and maintenance system processes.
- Scripting in Python to perform ad-hoc analysis, web scraping and data retrieval from API endpoints and databases for reporting.
- Circulating data stories by combining data visualization in Tableau with narrative flow; breaching barriers between people and data, and engaging the organization towards data-driven decisions.
- Assisting other departments with ad-hoc projects.
- Local to Quincy, MA – this is NOT a remote position
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, Public Health or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in business environment as a Business Analyst/Data Analyst.
- Experience with MySQL, Python (highly preferred), and R.
- Expert level knowledge MS Office Suite; especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong command over Adobe Suite, AP Style and Final Cut Pro.
- Experience with Tableau, Tableau Server, Plotly, PowerBI , Alteryx highly desirable.
- Experience working with Github, Git, JIRA, Bitbucket and other version control and ticketing platforms
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS Lamda, AWS Redshift, AWS Athena, E22, S3, Google Cloud, Big Query among others.
- Strong analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- High level of attention to detail in organizational and documentation areas.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously; exhibits flexibility and tolerance for ambiguity with the ability to thrive in a rapidly changing business environment; self-starter; and results oriented.
WORKING CONDITIONS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.