Call Center Member Liaison
The primary goal of the Member Liaison is to efficiently and effectively manage the follow-up process of our Social Security applications and ensure we have collected the corresponding information/documentation to receive an approval on the applications submitted. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for managing an entire caseload of pending applications to be processed and monitored daily.
- Responsible for all member and government agency outreach activities that will drive an open application to a positive outcome (approval). These activities primarily include member and government agency calls and letters to complete outstanding verifications.
- Maintain working relationships with government agencies and act as a liaison for members.
- Responsible for following up with government agencies to obtain application status information and advocate for the expedition of a final decision.
- Use reports and queries to manage and prioritize caseload and ensure benchmarks are being met.
- Evaluate and initiate action on aging cases. Responsible for escalating problem cases when necessary.
- Ensure data quality and work with supervisors as an active participant in identifying and resolving problems and inconsistencies.
- Support supervisors in the implementation of new processes and training initiatives.
- Provide an enhanced level of customer service to our members and clients.
- Educate and counsel members on Social Security processes and respond to inquiries around the status of the application/approval.
- Enter, update, and maintain demographic and application information in our proprietary database system while maintaining accuracy.
- Responsible for updating the "Contact Log" in our proprietary database system to ensure outreach attempts, contacts, interactions, and assessments have been properly captured.
- Accountable for processing rendered approvals and denials.
- Responsible for preparing the corresponding support documentation for any appeal process as part of our Denial Management initiatives.
- Assist in other team member training and provide feedback during cross training opportunities to enhance the department’s functionality, roles and training materials.
- Participate in Department and HFI Committees and Projects as assigned by the Operations Manager/Supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 4-year degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred.
- At least 1 year of previous experience in a customer service/call center role, strongly preferred.
- At least 1 year of previous experience in a healthcare setting, strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, preferred.
- Previous experience with health insurance, preferred.
- Self-motivated, responsible, and accountable.
- Identifies own learning needs and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Excellent computer skills including: MS Office.
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Willingness and ability to work extra hours during a workweek as required.
We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation and/or genetic information.
Job Status: Full Time