Call Center Representative/Member Liaison
At HFI, we are relentless advocates for individuals, their families, and our communities. We help low-income and disabled people gain access to the Social Security disability benefits, income and services they need to improve their quality of life for many years to come. It’s our calling and our life’s work and it’s a privilege and an honor to do what we do. If you are somebody who wants to transform the lives to the people around us and are passionate about helping others in need, then we would love to have you as part of our team.
The primary goal of the Call Center Representative/Member Liaison is to efficiently and effectively manage the follow-up process of our Social Security applications and ensure we have collected the corresponding information/documentation to receive an approval on the applications submitted. Responsible for all member and government agency outreach activities that will drive an open application to a positive outcome (approval). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for managing an entire caseload of pending applications to be processed and monitored daily.
- Maintain working relationships with and act as a liaison for members with government agencies and other entities.
- Responsible for all member and government agency outreach activities that will drive an open application to a positive outcome (approval). These activities primarily include member and government agency calls and letters to complete outstanding verifications.
- Maintain working relationships with government agencies and act as a liaison for members.
- Responsible for following up with government agencies to obtain application status information and advocate for the expedition of a final decision.
- Use reports and queries to manage and prioritize caseload and ensure benchmarks are being met.
- Evaluate and initiate action on aging cases; responsible for escalating problem cases when necessary.
- Ensure data quality and work with supervisors as an active participant in identifying and resolving problems and inconsistencies.
- Interact with members and his/her family via telephone to acquire necessary information to move the application process along, as established by management.
- Support supervisors in the implementation of new processes and training initiatives.
- Provide an enhanced level of customer service to our members and clients.
- Educate and counsel members on Social Security processes and respond to inquiries around the status of the application/approval.
- Enter, update, and maintain demographic and application information in our proprietary database system while maintaining accuracy.
- Responsible for updating our proprietary database system with all member interactions to ensure outreach attempts, contacts, interactions, and assessments have been properly captured.
- Accountable for processing rendered approvals and denials.
- Responsible for preparing the corresponding support documentation for any appeal process as part of our Denial Management initiatives.
- Assist in other team member training and provide feedback during cross training opportunities to enhance the department’s functionality, roles and training materials.
- Participate in Department and HFI Committees and Projects as assigned by the Contact Center Operations Manager/Supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 4-year degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish/Portuguese/Vietnamese/Chinese/Russian/Mandarin), preferred.
- At least 1 year of previous experience in a customer service/call center role, strongly preferred.
- At least 1 year of previous experience in a healthcare setting, strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, preferred.
- Previous experience with health insurance, preferred.
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments and clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, articulate with active listening.
- Ability to handle a high volume of calls in outreach efforts.
- Self-motivated, responsible, accountable, attention to detail and superb organizational skills.
- Strong emotional strength and maturity to deal effectively with a challenging and vulnerable population.
- Ability to meet deadlines/goals while balancing competing demands and performance benchmarks.
- Identifies own learning needs and seeks appropriate assistance from Manager/Supervisor.
- Excellent computer skills including: proficient typing skills, MS Office, and data entry.
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Willing to work extra hours when necessary with short notice and maintain a flexible availability.
- Ability to sit for the majority of the shift.
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to function independently; have flexibility and personal integrity.
- Work Schedule: Full-Time Hours (40 hrs./week) Monday – Friday.
- Variable Shifts: 9-5 pm, 10-6 pm, 11-7 pm or 12-8 pm.
HFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. HFI is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. HFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. HFI encourages applicants of all ages.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time