This position works collaboratively with senior leadership team to make sure that our company is conducting its business in full compliance with all national laws and regulations that pertain to data security and privacy, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards. Oversee all employee and business compliance activity for the entire company. Serves as the Compliance Officer and Compliance Committee Chairman; responsible for overseeing the Company’s Compliance Programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for HFI’s compliance with established SOC II Certification requirements.
· Responsible for the knowledge base/wiki development, content categorization, and management of HFI’s Wiki platform.
· Accountable for the company’s Vendor Management Program through compliance onboarding processes and documentation.
· Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
· Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
· Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
· Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
· File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
· Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities.
· Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
· Review responses to official customer inquiries and correspondence with government agencies to ensure that they are complete and proper.
· Consult with corporate attorneys as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues.
· Discuss emerging compliance issues with management or employees.
· Collaborate with human resources department to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action strategies in cases of
compliance standard violations.
· Develops and delivers compliance related trainings, including policies, or procedures.
· Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews.
· Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress.
· Report violations of compliance or regulatory standards to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required.
· Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
· Verify that all firm and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
· Direct the development or implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout an organization.
· Review or modify policies or operating guidelines to comply with changes to environmental standards or regulations.
· Keep abreast of regulatory developments, pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact
of these changes on organizational processes.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· BA/BS degree in law, finance, business administration or related field, required
· 5 years' experience in health care industry, HIPAA, Data Security and SOC compliance, required
· 5 years’ experience working in a compliance and ethics environment in a corporate setting, required
· Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional, preferred (and required within 18 month in position)
· CIPM, CIPP, IAPP or similar privacy experience, a plus
· In-depth knowledge of health care industry’s standards and regulations
· Proficient knowledge of Windows OS, Chrome, and MS Office products
· Advance knowledge and experience with Wiki Platforms
· Superior time management, organizational skills, attention to detail/level of quality, and customer service skills
· Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn new technology
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to work with a high degree of independence to plan, organize and implement multiple projects within time and budget
· Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to multitask and to work well within a fast-growing team-oriented environment
· Strong analytic, critical thinking, creative problem solving and decision making skills
· Self-motivated, responsible, reliable and dependable
WORKING CONDITIONS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Moderate to high noise level associated with open office space.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.