Full Stack Software Developer
We are relentless advocates for individuals, their families, and our communities. We help low-income and disabled people gain access to the Social Security disability benefits, income and services they need to improve their quality of life for many years to come. It’s our calling and our life’s work and it’s a privilege and an honor to do what we do. If you are somebody who wants to transform the lives of the people around us and are passionate about helping others in need, then we would love to have you as part of our team.
This position requires a passion and curiosity to solve customer problems with data. The internal stakeholders for the Program include, but are not limited to, HFI’s Data Science Team, Sales & Senior Leadership Team. Our External stakeholders include Health Plans, MCO’s, ACO’s, Auditors, Regulators etc. We are looking for motivated and experienced engineer to join a highly skilled team of experienced professionals, which believe in best-of-breed software craftsmanship, clean and elegant coding, using the right tool for the job, and always exploring and learning new technologies and approaches. This position is a strong Full Stack Software Developer to join us in creating systems that raises the quality of our reporting with our clients and building dynamic web applications.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Who You Are
- You take pride in your work.
- You have experience in developing a system from the ground up.
- You understand back-end services.
- You understand that scalability is not a single dimension.
- You have great communication skills.
- You are comfortable with the Agile development model.
- Flexible and adaptive to the changing circumstances.
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything they do.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via applications and services.
- Collaborating with peers and seniors both within their team and across the organization.
- Working with product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions on time.
- Working with other teams to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable.
- Support your applications and/or services as and when required on a 24x7 basis.
Successful Full Stack Developer Will
- Be driven to get results and not let anything get in your way.
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle most issues before they blowup.
- Exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed.
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies.
- Develop web applications and tools for the effective management and operation of the framework.
- Analyze and improve stability, efficiency, and scalability of the platform.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and business on product design and feature.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or an equivalent master’s degree is required.
- 2 plus years of proven experience, preferred.
- Strong command over Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Experience with application frameworks such as Node.js, Express.js, Vue.js, Backbone.js, Django, Flask.
- Experience developing Node.js applications and building single page web applications using React.js & Redux.
- Knowledge of algorithms and design patterns.
- Experience with front end design web application.
- An understanding of Test Driven Development, continuous deployment, CD/CI, Github.
- Experience with Agile development model.
- A thorough understanding of the service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, Amazon Redshift and NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB etc.
- Experience with big data technologies like Spark, HBase, HIVE, Hadoop.
- Experience with AWS Lambda, Elastic Search, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS cloud a must.
- Successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from this requirement for medical or religious reasons, as permitted by law.
HFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. HFI is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. HFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. HFI encourages applicants of all ages.