Call Center Representative/Member Advocate
Join Our Dynamic Team and Make a Meaningful Impact!
Are you a compassionate individual with a passion for helping others in need? Do you believe in the power of advocacy and want to transform lives in your community? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
At HFI, we are relentless advocates for individuals, their families, and our communities. We specialize in providing access to Social Security disability benefits, income, and services for low-income and disabled individuals. We consider it our calling and life's work to improve their quality of life, and we're honored to do so.
- Conduct phone interviews to determine potential eligibility for Social Security (SSI/SSDI) or Medicaid benefits.
- Evaluate members' medical state and its impact on their daily functioning.
- Help members complete applications using web-based and proprietary software.
- Serve as an advocate by explaining process requirements and ensuring active application status.
- Support HFI initiatives to maximize revenue for healthcare clients and advocate for vulnerable members.
- Associate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of call/contact center experience, managing high call volumes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone etiquette.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish/Portuguese/Vietnamese/Chinese/Russian) preferred.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Compassionate, with a strong sense of emotional maturity and the ability to work with diverse populations.
- Work Schedule: Full-Time Hours (40 hrs./week) Monday – Friday.
- Variable Shifts: 9-5 pm, 10-6 pm, 11-7 pm or 12-8 pm.
Why Join Us?
- Make a Difference: Your work will directly impact the lives of low-income and disabled individuals, improving their access to vital benefits and services.
- Collaborative Environment: Work with a supportive team dedicated to the same cause and share your ideas to create positive change.
- Professional Growth: We encourage personal and professional development and provide opportunities for advancement within the organization.
- Equal Opportunity: We value diversity and foster an inclusive work environment.
- Competitive Compensation: Enjoy a competitive salary package with benefits.
- Flexible work options: Remote or Hybrid.
HFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. HFI is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. HFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. HFI encourages applicants of all ages.