Manager, Data Science & Analytics
Manager, Data Science & Analytics
Full-time opening paying $137,530 per year.
Responsible for all aspects of HFI’s structured & unstructured data, validating data quality, developing machine learning systems, recommendation systems, data pipelines, dynamic & scalable reports & dashboards, data automations, designing & maintaining the architecture and infrastructure required, developing & supporting data products & heading the Data Science & Analytics department. Also responsible for managing the team and providing support in collecting, analyzing &interpreting large data sets to develop data-driven solutions & products, as well as liaising with the Sales & Product teams & C-Suite executives regarding the business requirements & data products that the Data Science team is developing. Specific responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the Data Science & Analytics team and directing their utilization of recommendation systems, machine learning algorithms, modeling, statistical analysis, reporting, data engineering, and software development.
- Supporting the team and providing direction regarding data collection, pre-processing and exploratory analysis of complex health care datasets and customer relationship management data.
- Modeling complex problems, discovering insights, and identifying opportunities using statistical methods, machine learning, deep learning and other state-of-the art data mining and visualization techniques.
- Discovering opportunities for reproducible data acquisition and automation.
- Identifying valuable data sources, open-source packages, tools and software, external APIs to help HFI automate collection processes and wrangle disparate internal/external data by making them available to the Data Science & Analytics team.
- Pre-processing of structured and unstructured data.
- Organizing and “wrangling” large datasets to get actionable insights for management review by defining appropriate metrics measurable to Data Scientist’s and Data Engineers
- Managing and maintaining Python, Java and SQL queries and other codebase written by team members on a version control platform like GitHub.
- Deploying, measuring, and tracking machine learning models built in Python, as well as managing scalability.
- Utilizing machine learning, statistical analysis, and research to analyze trends, inform better decisions and increase revenue across current and future products.
- Working closely with our sales team, clients, data stewards and other teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
- Collaborating with business owners and creating meaningful data visualizations that communicate analytical findings for executive level presentations.
- Recommending ways to automate/improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Collecting data from various sources such as web APIs and internal databases encoded in SQL.
- Identifying and analyzing patterns in the volume, speed and sudden variations in data collection supporting HFI’s new business initiatives
- Integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, configuring specialized database and computing environments.
- Providing support or assistance to the development team in the design, expansion, testing, tuning and implementation of database applications.
- Designing and creating Tableau reports from idea to execution based on business requirements
- Monitoring performance, reporting, and tuning of Oracle reporting databases, SQL, and Python code.
- Directly supervising a specialized team of 3-4 data science professionals, including setting priorities and performance expectations for team members by appraising daily, weekly, and monthly performance, facilitating weekly meetings, code revisions, code reviews, and other team activity on a regular basis, providing boot camps to increase their knowledge and skillset in the field of data science, technical supervision, and mentorship.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training new employees.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or related, or the foreign equivalent.
Please submit resumes by mail only to:
Loida Olmeda Dunham
Healthcare Financial, Inc.
2 Heritage Drive, 7th Floor
Quincy, MA 02171
Note: This notice is being provided as a result of applications being filed for permanent alien Labor Certifications for the relevant job opportunities. Any person may provide documentary evidence bearing on the applications to the Regional Certifying Officer of the Department of Labor:
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Office of Foreign Labor Certification
200 Constitution Avenue NW, Room N–5311
Washington, DC 20210