Member Records Technician
The primary goal of the Records Technician is to provide administrative support to our operations’ staff by requesting medical records of the members we have assisted through the Social Security application process to help expedite the examiner’s evaluation process of a member becoming eligible and gaining access to Social Security benefits (SSI/SSDI). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Request and retrieve members’ medical records from hospitals, clinics, schools and and/or doctor’s offices.
· Document medical records requests in our proprietary database system.
· Maintain and update members’ information in proprietary database relating to electronic records, demographics and providers. Reviews internal records for accuracy and completeness.
· Receive and scan medical records into member’s electronic record.
· Responsible for following up on pending medical record requests.
· Responsible for updating contact log in our proprietary database system to ensure outreach attempts, contacts and interactions have been properly captured.
· Log and route incoming records to DDS examiner for review and analysis via fax, email or mail.
· Accountable for managing a caseload of outstanding medical records requests to be processed and monitored daily.
· Use reports and queries to manage and prioritize caseload and ensure benchmarks are being met.
· Evaluate and initiate action on aging cases. Responsible for escalating problems when necessary.
· Assist in other team member training and provide feedback during cross training opportunities to enhance the department’s functionality, roles and training materials.
· Ensure compliance with statutes and internal policies & procedures prior to processing requests.
· Maintain confidentiality of member records by keeping paper records secure.
· Participate in Department and HFI Committees and Projects as assigned by the Operations Manager/Supervisor.
· Other duties may be assigned
· Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred.
· At least 1 year of previous experience in a medical billing/coding or credentialing.
· Previous experience with health insurance and medical records, preferred.
· Ability to work in a high production, metrics driven contact center environment.
· Familiarity with medical terminology, preferred.
· Ability to work well within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
· Ability to maintain a pleasant telephone voice and manner.
· Ability to perform repetitive tasks accurately on a continuous basis under conditions of constant interruption and frequent pressure.
· Self-motivated, responsible, and accountable.
· Identifies own learning needs and seeks appropriate assistance.
· Excellent computer skills including: MS Office and Outlook.
· Ability to properly use office equipment to perform tasks such as printing, scanning and faxing. Willingness and ability to work extra hours during a workweek as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Job Status: Full Time