Research Data Analyst Co-op
We are relentless advocates for individuals, their families, and our communities. We help low-income and disabled people gain access to the Social Security disability benefits, income and services they need to improve their quality of life for many years to come. It’s our calling and our life’s work and it’s a privilege and an honor to do what we do. If you are somebody who wants to transform the lives to the people around us and are passionate about helping others in need, then we would love to have you as part of our team.
Reporting to the Manager, Data Science & Analytics. The primary goal of the Research Data Analyst is to conduct medical research and analysis of clinical and/or claims related healthcare data with the goal of assessing SSI/MC eligibility. Research Data Analyst will work as part of the Data Science team on research activities for the development of internal machine learning algorithms and statistical data analysis. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the collection of data from disparate sources (claims, medical records, lab results, etc.), and assists data science team in identifying relevant data sets.
- Resolves short-term research-related questions and problems, or takes on research projects that may involve statistical analysis, statistical programming, or large/complex data sets.
- Researches and implements cutting-edge techniques in both statistics and programming as needed for more sophisticated quantitative researchers.
- Identify business questions or hypotheses to be analyzed.
- Utilize Excel Spreadsheets, Statistical Analysis, and Research to analyze trends, make better decisions and increase revenue across current and future products.
- Works independently with sound judgment, directly accountable for accuracy of methods and results.
- Conduct online or other research, as required.
- Collaborate with analysts and data scientists to use expanded data sets and query techniques.
- Collaborates with other team members through knowledge sharing and promotion of best practices.
- Utilize subject matter expertise to provide medical/clinical input for assessment of client’s members.
- Participate in the evaluation of data driven clinical products and iterations.
- Educates clients & internal stakeholders from medical/clinical viewpoint.
- Maintains current knowledge of literature, emerging policies, clinical development and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree from Medical school and Public Health demonstrating analytical/quantitative skills.
- 1 - 3 years of relevant analytical experience with a health plan, hospital, medical research organization or in another healthcare related capacity a plus.
- Experience with data collection, data management, and analysis.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong fluency with Excel and knowledgeable with Statistics; coding familiarity with R, SQL, Python a plus.
- Proficiency using statistical software package such as: SPSS, SAS, or STATA, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical thinking; gather and analyze available data and draw logical conclusions.
- Familiarity with visualization tools Tableau, PowerBI or dashboarding software.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Keen attention to details and ability to manage multiple project deliverables and timelines.
- Work independently within basic guidelines and parameters.
- Self-driven, results-oriented and effective in an unstructured, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
All interested applicants should apply to this role by visiting jobs.hfihealthcare.com or visiting our website at www.hfihealthcare.com. This position will remain open until filled.
HFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. HFI is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. HFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. HFI encourages applicants of all ages.