Research Data Analyst
Reporting to the Manager, Data Science & Analytics. The primary goal of the Research Data Analyst is to conduct medical research and analysis of clinical and/or claims related healthcare data with the goal of assessing SSI eligibility. Research Data Analyst will work as part of the Data Science team on research activities for the development of data features required to develop internal machine learning algorithms and statistical data analysis. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates the collection of data from disparate sources (claims, medical records, lab results, etc.), and assists data science team in identifying relevant data sets
• Resolves short-term research-related questions and problems, or takes on research projects that may involve statistical analysis, statistical programming, or large/complex data sets
• Researches and implements cutting-edge techniques in both statistics and programming as needed for more sophisticated quantitative researchers
• Identify business questions or hypotheses to be analyzed
• Utilize Excel Spreadsheets, Statistical Analysis, and Research to analyze trends, make better decisions and increase revenue across current and future products
• Works independently with sound judgment, directly accountable for accuracy of methods and results
• Conduct online or other research, as required
• Collaborate with analysts and data scientists to use expanded data sets and query techniques
• Collaborates with other team members through knowledge sharing and promotion of best practices
• Other duties as assigned
• Master Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology & Statistics or an equivalent combination of education and experience, Medical degree is highly preferred.
• 1 - 3 years of relevant analytical experience with a health plan, hospital, medical research organization or in another healthcare related capacity a must.
• Experience with data collection, data management, and analysis.
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Strong fluency with Excel and knowledgeable with Statistics; coding familiarity with R, SQL, Python a plus.
• Proficiency using statistical software package such as: SPSS, SAS, or STATA, and Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong analytical thinking; gather and analyze available data and draw logical conclusions
• Familiarity with visualization tools Tableau, PowerBI or dashboarding software
• Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
• Keen attention to details and ability to manage multiple project deliverables and timelines
• Work independently within basic guidelines and parameters
• Self-driven, results-oriented and effective in an unstructured, fast-paced and dynamic environment
WORKING CONDITIONS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.