Local candidates only.
This position pays $15/hour non-negotiable.
The Scheduling Coordinator at Healthcare Financial, Inc. (HFI) performs all duties related to scheduling and confirming appointments that are required for Social Security applications to be processed at the SSA. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contacts member to confirm preferences for day/time/method of the appointment, contacts Social Security Administration at the local office or via the local offices and/or national line to schedule appointment on behalf of the member and follows-up with members to advise of the date/time/method of the appointment.
- Updates HFI’s proprietary database with any relevant changes such as demographics and status codes.
- Conducts reminder calls to members who have upcoming appointments with Social Security Administration.
- Reschedules appointments for members who cannot attend upcoming or past due appointments with the Social Security Administration.
- Confirms via telephone that all members have attended their appointment with the Social Security Administration.
- Documents all actions taken on cases in HFI’s proprietary database.
- Monitors the scheduling work queue report to help manage all necessary tasks for each case.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor to advise of questions, problems, concerns, scheduling caseload, complicated scenarios and escalates difficult cases to HFI’s management team and to the management team at the Security Administration offices.
- Serves as backup resource on other administrative duties within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years in an administrative/support role, required.
- Scheduling experience highly preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills including: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Windows PC environment.
- Ability to multitask and to work well within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, responsible, and accountable.
- Must be willing to participate in daily operations when necessary.
WORKING CONDITIONS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally will lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.