Software Developer (Co-op)
We are relentless advocates for individuals, their families, and our communities. We help low-income and disabled people gain access to the Social Security disability benefits, income and services they need to improve their quality of life for many years to come. It’s our calling and our life’s work and it’s a privilege and an honor to do what we do. If you are somebody who wants to transform the lives of the people around us and are passionate about helping others in need, then we would love to have you as part of our team.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Collect data from various sources such as web APIs to internal databases encoded in SQL.
- Process data and developing web applications and reporting tools supporting HFI’s new business initiatives and the speed or sudden variations in data collection.
- Organize and “wrangle” large datasets in order to make them available for Data Scientist’s to get actionable insights from them.
- Integrate and prepare large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments.
- Apply elementary exploratory data methods as defined by Data Scientist’s to navigate a dataset and come out with some broad conclusions based on some initial appraisal.
- Work closely with clients, data stewards and other teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound organizational decisions.
- Responsible for developing software robust solutions as required by the Data Science & Analytics team at HFI.
- Responsible for complex data models and object relational database mapping while producing complex reports.
- Create meaningful data visualizations that communicate findings and relate them back to how insights create business impact by developing dynamic web based reports using different front end and back end technologies like Node.js, React.js/Angular.js, Django, flask and serving them as single page applications.
- Review and provide technical solutions to projects which may be in different stages of the software development life cycle.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of Python, Java and SQL queries and routines.
- Write ad-hoc queries based on schema knowledge for various reporting requirements.
- Ensures that all deliverables are thoroughly documented.
- Others duties may be assigned.
- Proven experience as a Software Developer.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Math or an equivalent combination of education and experience, Masters highly preferred.
- Experience with the design and development of packages, code maintenance using version control tools like GitHub/GitLab highly preferred.
- Experience with Unix/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting.
- Working Knowledge of SQL Loader & Import/Export utilities. · Knowledge of Java with strong OOAD fundamentals.
- Self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to learn new cloud and database technologies like AWS, Google Cloud (Prior experience highly preferred).
- Working knowledge of job scheduling and monitoring tools.
- Working knowledge of software testing, migration and deployment on server networks.
- Experience with software application security and testing.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong command over data structures and algorithms a must.
- Experience working with multiple projects/tasks and the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent written, communication and presentations skills.
- Successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from this requirement for medical or religious reasons, as permitted by law.
All interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter when you apply. To apply please visit jobs.hfihealthcare.com or by viewing our website at www.hfihealthcare.com. The requisition number for this job is 1040. This position will remain open until filled.
HFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. HFI is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. HFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. HFI encourages applicants of all ages.