We are relentless advocates for individuals, their families, and our communities. We help low-income and disabled people gain access to the Social Security disability benefits, income and services they need to improve their quality of life for many years to come. It’s our calling and our life’s work and it’s a privilege and an honor to do what we do. If you are somebody who wants to transform the lives of the people around us and are passionate about helping others in need, then we would love to have you as part of our team.
The primary responsibility of the Systems Administrator, is to oversee the maintenance and security of HFI’s OTS applications, hosted solutions, networks and computer systems. Responsible for maintaining essential IT operations, including Windows, Linux, security tools, applications, physical/virtual servers, email systems, software, hardware, on premise and cloud. Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative. Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that’s always up and running. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist in and/or implement the design of information security controls in computing systems, applications, and network software/hardware.
- Assist in and/or implement the design, implementation, and maintenance of various information technology network security systems such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networks, anti-virus, anti-spam, web filters, and network account access.
- Assist in architectural design and implementation of the network over which all enterprise services, systems, and applications operate.
- Perform internal network security audits using various standard network security tools and processes.
- Maintain all system and network addresses, documentation, diagrams, and account information.
- Responsible for capacity planning, anticipating future network needs, and proactively identifying solutions to satisfy needs.
- Work with all IT vendors for product evaluations and quotes.
- Assist in the design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of a disaster recovery solution.
- Provide monitoring, support, and maintenance of home grown production applications, and production and test databases.
- Perform network monitoring, server administration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting to ensure smooth operations.
- Ensure that all critical security and system patches and services packs have been applied to servers and network components.
- Participate in the development of corporate policies, SOPs, and standards in the following areas: network and systems security, business continuity, systems/data backup and recovery, computer access control and usage, daily administration, and maintenance.
- Evaluate Internet-wide security threats in relation to local systems.
- Plan and implement company-wide additions, upgrades, and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure in coordination with corporate leadership.
- Consult with customers, suppliers, peers, and department colleagues to evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to existing systems, networks, and procedures in alignment with the latest industry technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6-8 years of experience in a systems administrator or network administrator role.
- Experience with MS O365, remote hosted phone system, VMWare, SAN and NAS storage, databases (MYSQL, PostgreSQL), networks, upgrading hardware and software, designing networks, laying out the infrastructure for LANs, troubleshooting network outages and user troubles.
- Familiar with licensing options for all and any parts of the IT infrastructure (i.e. MS 365, VMWare, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of the latest security protocols for the LAN and wide area network (WAN).
- Ability to educate users on how to handle suspicious emails and requests for sensitive information.
- Experience with program scripts to run internal functions.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows or Linux environment.
- Familiarity with hardware and VMWare.
- Familiarity with cloud applications like Office365, Google Cloud Platform, and AWS.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to inexperienced users.
- Ability to solve problems in stressful situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Applicants may request a reasonable accommodation from this requirement for medical or religious reasons, as permitted by law.
HFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. HFI is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. HFI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. HFI encourages applicants of all ages.